U14, U15 AND U16 PROGRAM OF EXCELLENCE
CROSS BORDER CHALLENGE COACHING APPLICATION
Hockey Northwestern Ontario is now accepting applications for coaching positions in our U14, U15 and U16 Program of Excellence. The Program of Excellence (POE) is Hockey Canada’s elite development and competitive program that provides players with exposure to international competition and the best high-performance coaching in the country.
The Program of Excellence is an introductory level program offered by Hockey Northwestern Ontario to start and educate young athletes on the Hockey Canada POE Pathway (U17, U18, U20 and Olympic Teams).
HNO in collaboration with Hockey Eastern Ontario and Hockey Quebec are set to run a combined POE event (The Cross Border Challenge) at the U14, U15 and U16 levels. This will allow our elite athletes to be exposed to competition and development opportunities outside of HNO. This will mirror the opportunities that athletes from other provinces receive on a yearly basis.
Cross Border Challenge
Dates: May 16-19, 2024 at the University of Ottawa
- Event will take place all Day Thursday through Sunday.
- U14 Competition will consist of 8 teams – 4 teams from Quebec and 3 Teams from HEO and HNO will send their Ontario Winter Games Team and Staff
- U15 Competition will consist of 4 teams – 2 teams from Quebec and 2 Teams from HNO and HEO (HNO will send roughly 10 athletes- HEO will make up the other 30 spots)
- U16 Competition will consist of 4 teams – 2 teams from Quebec and 2 Teams from HNO and HEO (HNO will send roughly 10 athletes- HEO will make up the other 30 spots)
- Athletes will receive 2 practices and 4 games during the event. They will also receive practice/player assessment skates before the event (TBD). Athletes will be exposed to short term competition that is required to play for Hockey Canada.
2024 Coach Application
Coaching application is now open for both Head and Assistant Coaches for the 2024 U14, U15 and U16 Cross Border Challenge
- Head Coaches are required to be HP1 Certified at time of event.
- Assistant Coaches are required to be Development 1 Certified at time of event.
To apply for the 2024 POE- Cross Border Challenge please complete the registration form below
Deadline to apply is February 16, 2024