|T.B. “Bones ” McCormack Meritorious Award 2023-2024
Bones was involved in hockey for over fifty years as a player and administrator. He captured an Allan Cup Championship with the Port Arthur Senior Bearcats in 1939 before joining the Navy. Upon returning he coached the Current River Comets and West End Bruins. T.B. joined Thunder Bay Amateur Hockey in 1956 serving on the board for fourteen years, serving as both Vice-President and President over that time period. In 1970 he was elected Vice President of Minor Hockey with the Canadian Amateur Hockey Association, a position he held for six years. In 1978 he was awarded the Hockey Canada Order of Merit and was the first recipient of the Thunder Bay Amateur Hockey Association’s Meritorious Award. The TBAHA Meritorious Award was renamed the T.B. “Bones” McCormack Meritorious award in 1995.
- The T.B. “Bones” McCormack Meritorious is the most prestigious award in the Branch.
- Nomination must be in writing from a Member and approved by the Branch Executive
- The Nominee must be living.
- The Nominee has been or is actively engaged in amateur hockey.
- The Nominee may be nominated any number of years but can only receive the award once.
- Each Nomination shall include all qualifications and background pertaining to the Nominee.
- Nominations must be received by March 1st, 2024.
Please use the link below to nominate a candidate.